You may have to spend days to get an appointment form a beauty therapist, to get your manicure and pedicure done. Or you might even have to spend hours sitting in a salon to get these done for you.
Here is a very easy and effective way in which you can do both manicure and pedicure at home all by yourself.
Steps to do Manicure at Home
- Take a cotton ball and soak it with some nail polish remover. Then rub it on your nails to get all your old polishes removed.
- Now wash your hands with a mild soap
- Now cut or shape your nails according to your wish.
- Soak your finger tips in warm soapy water. The soap should be the one with moisturizer. This will soften the cuticles and loosens the dirt below your finger nails. Dry out your hands after a few minutes.
- Then remove the dirt from your nails. See that your nails are neat and clean and looks fresh.
- Push the cuticles back with a stick. You can also cut the cuticles, but by doing so you may invite infections too. So be cautious.
- Now moisturize gently your hands and cuticles. Do this using a good lotion and take your time to do so. This step is very relaxing.
- Try to be very careful while applying nail polish. Try to use even strokes and take do not be in a hurry. After the first coat dries apply the next coat for more shine. To add the extra glint, a third coat will finish the job. Wait for the nail polish to dry after each coat you put.
- Do not touch any thing before your nails get completely dried.
You are complete with your manicure now.
Steps to do Pedicure at Home
Doing pedicure at home is also very easy. All you have to do is only follow these simple steps.
- Dip the feet in warm water, adding up a few drops of dettol or some other disinfectant and a pinch of hydrogen peroxide.
- Scrub your toe nails with a stiff scrubber or a brush. You can also use a pumice stone to rub out the hard dead skin or your heals. Do not cut them off.
- Massage your feet with a good foot cream that also has cooling effects. do not be in a hurry while massaging.
- Then apply cuticle cream on the cuticles.
- Move back the cuticles gently with a stick dipped in cuticle remover. But do not cut them off.
- Cut your nails in a straight line and then smooth the edges with a nail file.
- Place cotton wool pads in between your nails. Now put a light colored nail polish. You can apply two coats but do not forget to apply the second coat after the first one dries up.
These were some very simple tips which will help you to do manicure and pedicure at home without any difficulty.