You don’t have to pay a lot of money to have your nails and feet looking professionally done. You just need some creativity and supplies to do your own.
Here’s what you need for a manicure and pedicure kit:
1. Cotton balls, nail oil, emery boards, a small bowl, towels, and finger nail polish remover. Make a list of these items for your next shopping trip.
2. Go to your local discount retail store to buy your supplies. Even dollar discount stores carry inexpensive manicure items.
3. For applying polish, you will need a good base coat, a color, and a topcoat.
4. For pedicures, you will need a pumice stone to remove calluses, and a larger emery board to file toe nails.
You can create any mood that you want for a manicure. Some people invite friends over and have a spa night. Others light candles, have a bubble bath, and then, do their nails. Still others sit in front of the TV to do their nails while watching their favorite TV show. Anywhere and anytime that you want to do your nails is fine. You will need about an hour to an hour and a half to complete your manicure.
Basic manicure and pedicure method:
1. Soak fingers or toes in warm water with nail oil for approximately five minutes per hand/foot. You can soak your feet and hands in warm olive oil to nourish your cuticles and nails.
2. Dry off the wet hand/foot, then apply cuticle cream to each finger or toe.
3. Massage cream into cuticles. Remove with nail polish remover.
4. File nails in a straight fashion. Filing to a tip and sawing back and forth weakens the nail.
5. Apply base coat – let dry. Apply two coats of your color – let dry. Apply topcoat and let dry.