Despite the number of creams and ointments available at your local drugstore, it seems nail polish is the new ringworm home treatment. Several disease-remedy oriented forums are talking about this new ringworm home treatment that is getting them results within the same time frame while only having to purchase nail polish.
How it supposedly works
This new ringworm home treatment suggests covering the infected area with clear nail polish and letting it dry. It is suggested to use clear nail polish since colored ones will take longer to dry. The dried up nail polish will supposedly suffocate the fungus and cause it to deteriorate, making you ringworm free in just 3 weeks. It is recommended to use a backlight to identify the fungus so you can apply the nail polish in the exact areas. Using a backlight will show the infected region with an electric apple green color.
There are some people that may be allergic to the contents in nail polish so this method should be used cautiously. For people with delicate skin, this ringworm home treatment may not be the best solution. Fumes may be another problem for this ringworm home treatment. The majority of commercial nail polish still contains toxic elements such as toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate which can affect the nervous system, cause liver damage, kidney damage and cancer. Studies with Dibutyl Phthalate have been linked to early puberty in girls and low sperm count in men. Due to the studies concerning these toxins the European Union banned all cosmetics containing phthalates.